It's pretty amazing to me how quickly life changes. One minute I was moving to Nashville with a calling, and it seems like the next minute I've bought a house, got married, and now I'm a Mommy. Wow! Time sure flies fast it seems like these days. I wonder what the secret is to slowing down and just enjoying the moment? I feel like most of my life is centered around whatever comes next and trying to prepare for it, instead of just enjoying the moment I'm living in. I wish I could figure out how to completely do this for a time. Just really focus on every detail of a minute. What am I touching? What am I looking at? What are the sounds I hear around me? Are there any smells in the air? Am I eating something? What does it really taste like? What am I trying to communicate to those around me? If I subconsciously asked myself those questions multiple times a day, I just wonder how often I would connect more with my husband, my daughter, my patients at work, and just connect more to life in general.
Ever stood up for something you knew was right, yet you felt horrible about doing it? Why is that? It seems to me like it should be easy to do what's right simply because it's the right thing to do, but for some reason unbeknownst to me, it just isn't like that! Any time I've really had to stand up for what I believed in, it has taken way more than I ever thought I had in me. It's so hard to stand up, when that stand is sometimes against those you know and love. I just have to keep in mind, in reality, it's not about me. When I take a stand for something I truly believe in, I'm not taking the stand for me, I'm taking it for the cause I believe in, and just have to know that God put me in that particular situation at that distinct moment in time because He knew He could use me to be a voice for those who can't speak for themselves. I feel so incredibly honored, yet humbled by the fact that God trusts me enough to stand. It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but I won't back down. "If God is for me, tell me who can be against me."
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment